I love people watching. I love watching people's little traits and stealing them to be my own. I am a trait stealer! Watch out, I might steal yours. One of my most famous (or infamous) may be the laugh I stole from my friend Jamie. Ha-Haaaaaaa-Ha-Haaaa. Yeah, that one. But, I am not the only one that steals. Have you ever seen a picture where everyone is looking in one direction? I guarantee one person did it and the others followed. What about hairstyles, ladies? You see a friend rock an amazing new 'do - next thing you know you are in front of the bathroom mirror trying to figure it out on your own hair. I have learned in the past couple years, as fun as trait stealing is, it is also a blast to figure out your own little quirks and to be okay with them...maybe even a little proud of them!
My bestie, Abby, pointed out something I do often (she knows me SO well). Sometimes, or often, when I talk I rub my nose. I have a complex about it now so I don't think I do it as often anymore because I was made aware of it. However, by her pointing this "unique to me" trait out, I started wondering what else I do that is true to me - not a copy of someone else's behaviors. I have this little notebook that goes EVERYWHERE with me so I began recording things I do that make me who I am as I discovered them. Altogether, I have come up with 35 things that are uniquely me. Other people may have these same traits, but these are ones I have developed on my own without any influence from others around me. I'll give you some on my list that you might find interesting. Enjoy!
*I love coffee, but HATE the first sip.
*I love songs that start slowly and get faster and louder as they go.
*I am obsessed with how my handwriting looks. I cannot tell you how many times I rewrote my notes in college.
*I don't typically eat the last corner of my sandwich.
*I eat ice cream out of a mug with a baby spoon (and put more ice cream on the spoon than I actually eat).
*I hate the corners of my papers on my desk to overlap.
*I don't care for too much carbonation (sodas over ice and draft beer- no cans or bottles please).
*I like the weight of blankets on me while I sleep.
*I have about a 2 degree comfort range.
*Getting my hair cut is an extremely stressful ordeal for me.
*My biggest fear in life is dying in a car crash. Thustly, I call someone almost anytime I leave to go somewhere (and hence why two car accidents in the past 3 months is so traumatizing).
*My pet peeves include: blinkers being left on after a turn or merge, getting in the turn lane too soon or cutting into the turn lane, and any noise a nose makes.
*The volume on the radio/tv must be on an even number or a number divisible by five.
*I get really excited when I pass someone on the highway with an out-of-state license plate.
*If I am upset about something, Sprite has an uncanny ability to soothe me.
*When I iron I feel like I should be watching Hannah Montana, the movie.
*I mess up catch phrases ALL the time (my Daddy says this is endearing).
*I can only drink milk out of a glass or mug - no plastic, paper, styrofoam, etc. (My brother shares this trait, only I think he is only a glass).
*I over pack more than anyone I know (came in handy today). Hello bag lady!
*Likewise, I carry three bags to work with me daily. Purse, refrigerated lunch bag, and non-refrigerated lunch bag.
*I LOVE to fill out calendars. It was my favorite part of college.
*I put accomplished tasks on my to do list just so I can mark them off.
*I am much, much more productive in the morning.
What is a unique characteristic trait of yours? Have you thought about it before?
Our similarities:
ReplyDelete1. I don't drink coffee, but I also hate the first sip of my hot chocolate. For me, it is because I'm afraid it will be too hot, and I'll burn my mouth. Why do you hate the first sip?
2. I also re-wrote all my college notes. I needed my handwriting to be perfect as well.
3. I eat my whole sandwich, but I make sure the last bite will be a good one. Therefore, I eat the last corner before I take a good final bite with all the goodies and not much crust.
4. LOVE fountain drinks and draft beer!
5. LOVE heavy blankets!
6. Definitely need to drink milk out of a glass.
I have to say that that volume thing is kind of weird. :-) And what does the Hannah Montana movie have to do with ironing?
I sure do love you, sissy, and all your silly quirks that make you you!!
Jill