Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Time for a Top Ten list

I love lists. I make lists of what lists I need to make. I think I spend 20 minutes at work every morning writing my list of what to do that day. Today, I actually caught myself writing a task I had already completed just so I could cross it off my list! Please tell me you find a little joy in doing that as well!

So today, to start off what will hopefully be a fun series of top 10 lists, is a list of my top 10 most favorite movies (in no particular order because I am too indecisive for that):

1. The Sound of Music - I don't know why I love this movie so much, well, aside from the wonderful music, the big family, the big house, and the big mountains. Oh, and the big wedding dress - every little girl's dream come true! Ask my family, I am slightly obsessed with this movie (to the point of watching it on my Papa's only tv on Thanksgiving Day while everyone else wanted to watch football....)

2. Pride and Prejudice (either the 6 hour version or the most recent version) - WHO DOESN'T LOVE MR. DARCY?!?!?! That is all I have to say....

3. Gone with the Wind - Hello, it's the history of the South, my home! Scarlett will make any southern belle frustratingly proud to be from the South!!

4. The Devil Wears Prada - there is no good reason to love this movie. I just do! And I can watch it over and over again!

5. Pretty Woman - It is Julia Roberts, Duh! I LOVE Julia Roberts so naturally I love this movie full of her big smile and loud laugh!

6. Anne of Green Gables (the whole series) - Gil and Anne are the perfect couple! They bicker but they are so true to one another. I can only hope that one day I am walking through a field and my Gil comes for me...

7. Father of the Bride I & II - I grew up on this movie. It is so innocently hilarious. Steve Martin. That's all I have to say.

8. Pearl Harbor - cheezy drama/action. Does it get any better than this, really?

9. Top Gun - Maverick, Ghost rider, Wolfman, Goose, Viper, and Iceman. Highway to the Danger Zone. I feel the need....the need for speed!

10. Dirty Dancing - "Nobody puts Baby in the corner!" What a classic 'good girl' story. Plus, according to a friend, this is just like my family (take a look at the golf course scene!)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the Sound of Music! NOONE understands my obsession and love for it! my husband hates it and refuses to watch it but I watchit every time it is on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY love the sound of music. It is A-Mazing.

    ReplyDelete