Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Life as an Oxymoron

Though for the day:

My life seems to be an oxymoron. It does not lack good judgement (that is simply 'moron') but rather it lacks consistency. My life is a normal life: I go to work, I eat dinner, I go to bed. I have a normal family and normal friends. However, sometime I feel like I am not normal. Before you think I am going crazy, let me explain:

*I like country music and I like tenors
*I like to wear an untucked, plaid, button up shirt and I like wearing heels and dresses
*I like to walk barefoot through a grassy field and I like walking down dirty sidewalks in a crowded city
*I like a night at the theater and I like a night at a hoedown
*I like suspense movies and I like romantic comedies
*I like praise music at a contemporary service and I like hymns at a traditional service
*I like dark handsome men in suits and I like blonde hair blue eyed guys in tight jeans
*I want a big wedding with a string quartet at a church and I want a small wedding in a vineyard with a simple guitar
*I like being social but I don't like meeting new people alone
*I like a fancy vodka martini and I like sitting back with a cool PBR
*I like driving through the mountains but I hate driving to work (okay, those are pretty different...)
*I like proper grammar but I don't always use proper grammar
*I like the south and I like NYC
*I like coffee in the morning and I like juice in the morning
*I want a big SUV and I want a car with good gas mileage
*I like being organized but I don't always keep everything in its place

Do you see know why figuring out what I want is so challenging? I don't even know what I want myself! Okay, the coffee and juice thing - not a big deal. I can drink both. But the wedding! What will I do about that??

Que lastima!

No comments:

Post a Comment