Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day Five: My Story, musically

As someone with a creative mind, I love LOVE music. I love to find new and different music and I love to FEEL music. I listen to a lot of powerful music. I love interviews with celebrities that give their favorite songs or bands because it always seems to open up a whole new world of music. I am not a music connoisseur so I couldn't talk for hours about music, but I do love a variety. Likewise, once I find a song that "speaks" to me, I will put it on repeat for about a week. Artists reveal their stories, whether fake or real, in the songs they create. The songs connect people going through similar triumphs and trials. Everyone has a soundtrack that goes along with their life - like a really awesome movie!


Day 5: 15 songs representing my life's soundtrack

Well, I can't get it down to 15. I could but I don't want to, so I am going to go with 20 songs representing my life's soundtrack (as of today at least, could be different tomorrow!)

1. Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
2. What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
3. The House that Built Me - Miranda Lambert
4. Lose My Soul - Toby Mac
5. Never Grow Up - Taylor Swift
6. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
7. 22 - Lily Allen
8. Leavin' on a Jet Plane - The Whiffenpoofs (just because it's a fun version)
9. In Christ Alone
10. True Colors - Glee
11. Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars
12. Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
13. In This Diary - The Ataris
14. Over You - Daughtry
15. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
16. Raise Your Glass - Pink
17. Love & Happiness - Al Green
18. I Am Woman - Helen Reddy
19. Yellow - Coldplay
20. Dahlonega - Corey Smith



"Music is what feelings sound like." -unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment