(Day six: A picture of somewhere you have been.)
Best Gift Ever: Paris! For Christmas/My Birthday/Early Graduation/Any holiday at the end of 2007 to beginning of 2008 was celebrated with a gift to Paris from my parents. My cousin, Katie, and I ventured across the deep blue sea - only thousands of miles high in the sky - to Paris in December of 2007. If you want to hear details about what we did during the trip, check out this post.
I don't have many defining moments in my life. I sit back and enjoy the ride watching other people celebrate big events in their lives. Even when I do have a big event, like graduating college or turning 25, it often slips by as a memory within a few days (okay maybe a month). I just haven't had many moments YET that have stuck with me in such a way that it altered my entire life. I didn't pick Paris for today just because it is fancy sounding and furthest from home (I think Hawaii would take that award anyway, maybe), but it truly was a defining moment in my life.
Paris has this incredible culture. Meals are not rushed. Every single building has a history, a story. Friends greet one another with kisses on the cheek. The language is beautiful. Wine, bread, and cheese are treasured. Public transportation is awesome (MARTA is like an infant compared to the Metro). The fashion is insane.
I don't know if Paris really is as awesome as I think it is or not. Part of it may be that I am from Georgia and haven't travelled internationally before Paris (unless you count the Bahamas!). I found Paris fascinating and lively. I was touched forever by the beauty of the city and the heart of the culture. I don't know French and I don't really think I'll ever learn it well, so forget ever living in Paris, but I want to go back as many times as possible in my little life! As Ella said, Meme you promised me you would take me to Paris when I am older. I never promised her, but I do hope one day I can take my nieces to Paris so they, too, can experience a defining moment in a gorgeous city.




"We'll always have Paris." -Casablanca

LOVE it!!! :) Paris with you = AMAZING!!! It's such a wonderful, fascinating place!
ReplyDelete