Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Dog is Job Hunting!

Isn’t it a funny thing how much your lifestyle changes for a dog? Half the things that change you don’t even realize were actual changes until the dog is not there. My sweet puppy love has now been separated from me for about 29 hours. We have 4 more hours to go until we are reunited! The past day has felt like a week (I won’t exaggerate and say a millennium like I was going to!)!! Oh, and we have been separated because she was getting spayed. Poor baby love!

As I mentioned before it is so funny the things we adjust to when a puppy joins our lives and our families. Last night I was hesitant in putting a box on the floor because I knew that she would check it out, but then I remembered she was not home to get into it. Whenever I take a shower I ask my parents to keep an eye on Darby; so last night I told my Dad I was going to take a shower and my Dad responded, “I will keep an eye on Darby.” I kept expecting her to be under my feet so I was constantly watching the ground, and she was never there. Her crate is in my room and there is a dark blanket wadded up to about her size, every time I see it I do a double take thinking it is her. Call me over-dramatic or just plain silly but one night is all you need to realize something is different. I am so thankful in the knowledge that she is only 6 months old so I (hopefully) have MANY more years to enjoy tripping over her, scolding her for eating an important paper, clean up her toys, reach down to pet her, and chase her around when she steals my shoes.

As for the vet visit, she is proving herself to be “Darby the lab” through and through! When I dropped her off I had to fill out some paper work and she was just being as social as can be; but, when she she realized I was leaving through a different door than she was she sat down and started scooting away from the tech. BREAK MY HEART WHY DON'T YA?!?! So I thought about her ALL morning, cried on my way to work, and kept looking at my phone waiting for the call saying she was fine! Well, I got that call from Jessica, the tech, around 11 am. Thank Goodness! When I asked if she was sleeping, Jessica said she was just sitting in her cage looking out. so I called around 4:30 when I got off work to check on her and Jessica said, again, that she was sitting there, looking hungry, but she had slept some during the afternoon. Sweet puppy! I called Dad to let him know and he joked that Darby must be looking to get a job at the hospital since she keeps observing Jessica! we shared a quick laugh from that!

Well, I was almost home around 5:15 when I heard my fabulous new ring tone, We Rode in Trucks, go off and low and behold "Eastside Animal" popped up on my caller ID. My heart skipped about 10 beats. Why was the vet calling? I just talked to them. Something MUST be wrong! I answered. "Hello, Megan? This is Dr. Hancock." Oh. My. Goodness! It was the DOCTOR calling. Something must really be wrong! He told me everything went well and he was just wanting to talk since he wouldn't be at the hospital when I picked her up tomorrow (which is now today). He did say that she got a little playful and there is now some bruising around her incision so don't be alarmed by that. He also said that they had a staff meeting and she really wanted to be a part of it so she sat by his chair during the whole meeting! He does not understand how funny that statement was!!! I almost ran off the road! That's my Darbs!

That is the last I have heard. I am trying to be strong and not annoy the office today! I thought about packing a goody bag for Darby full of treats and her favorite toys, she LOVES her toys; but, again, trying not to be too obsessive here. In 4 hours I get to see my girl. I sure hope she has forgiven me for leaving her for so long. I can NOT wait for our reunion in 4 short hours!

I have her snacks ready, her lovey on my bed, my shoes are out (well, no, they are put away, she can't have those), her bowls will be full at 5:30, her toys are ready to spring into action, and her family is anxiously awaiting her return home! Tonight we will all be together for the first time since Thursday! My parents were gone until Monday, Dad was gone Monday night, Mom and Darby were gone Tuesday night, and tonight - there is gonna be a party (only a calm one since Darby is still recovering)!

One more thing: HOLLA! to my sweet Aunt Becky - a faithful follower! See you tomorrow!




Don't you just LOVE her?!

4 comments:

  1. I have to say she is the cutest little puppy (besides my belle, but i'm biased :) ) I'm glad that everything well! I will hopefully be updating my blog soon...i do have a lot to share since we had dinner sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dog!!! She's so lucky to be a part of your awesome family! Maybe after I get a dog then we can have a play date!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I am just thrilled beyond words to get a "HOLLA"! Don't think I've ever gotten one of those before! By the way...Darby is precious, and I am still stuffed from our yummy dinner! It was fun getting to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete