I have let a whole month go by without writing! I better hurry up and post something, anything, before they shut my page down! It is time to come out of my winter hibernation (Can you blame me? It's freezing here!) and get some writing done. However, if this blog says anything about my motivation, or lack thereof, then pursuing a career in writing may not be the best option for me! To get back into the swing of things, I am going to answer a set of questions about books that I found on Entertainment Weekly's website. That site is awesome by the way (there's my plug EW - now you can't sue for copyright infringement!). Get comfy and enjoy - maybe you will find a book that you would like to read next!
Favorite book as a child
As a young child it would be Nurse Nancy, a golden book. I loved it so much and now I get to read it to my niece which warms my heart to pass it on. One of the first chapter books I read and loved was Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson. Thank you Adam for telling me to read it.
Book you've gone back to and read over and over again
I don't really reread books over and over. Maybe a couple of Nicholas Sparks' books I've read twice. I am planning on reading the Twilight Saga again before the next movie comes out.
Required reading that you hated
Hmmm... Shakespeare. I love watching the plays, but I do not love reading the plays! I think it is a stylistic thing with me. Plays just read so much slower than a novel does. (However, I did enjoy Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller - go figure!)
Fictional character you must identify with
Gosh, I can think of quite a few that I wish I identified with! I can't think of any right now that I actually do identify with.
Favorite book by a celebrity
Sorry for another vague answer but none really. I have only read books that are like biographies of the person with pictures and quotes - more like a large magazine than a book.
Favorite book as a teen
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and any Nicholas Sparks books. As a preteen, I loved Lurlene McDaniel books (you know, the ones where kids die from terrible diseases, I was a messed up kid).
Book you've faked reading
Several, but one that sticks out in my head is Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy.
Book you'd use as a doorstop
For practicality, I would use the Jane Austen book I got for my birthday. It has 7 of her novels in one book so needless to say it is quite heavy. If we are going with using it as a doorstop because it is so terrible, I would go with Death in Venice by Thomas Mann. It is a tiny book so it wouldn't really work, but it is that bad that it belongs on the floor!
Book you want to read next
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Book that changed your life
To be cliche, The Bible. As far as fiction goes, The Shack by William Paul Young. This book paints an absolutely beautiful picture of heaven and of forgiveness.
Book with the best movie version
I am usually disappointed with movie versions, but some good ones are: The Chronicles of Narnia, Anne of Green Gables, and Pride and Prejudice.
Best author to read on a plane
Whatever can keep your attention and pass the time quickly. For me it would be Nicholas Sparks or Stephenie Meyer.
Fictional character you have nightmares about
None! I wish I dreamed about the characters I read about but I never do!
No comments:
Post a Comment