These two episodes of The Office are in my top 5 favorites of this knee-slappingly funny TV series. The Dundies is where Michael gives out dreaded awards to his employees at a local Chili's. The awards are ridiculous, as you can imagine. They go as follows:
Pam - The longest engagement award for the 3rd year in a row, which is later switched to The Whitest Tennis Shoes Award
Ryan - Hottest in the office
Angela - The Tight ass Award
Kelly - The Spicy Curry Award
Stanley - The Fine Work Award
Kevin - The don't go in there after me - "For that time I went into the toilet after you and it really smelled"
The other episode, The Perfect Storm, is where one Friday out of the year Michael has to sign a bunch of documents and does EVERYTHING to get away with not signing these papers. Procrastination at it's finest! Michael insists that everyone update their emergency contact info and then he goes into the office and puts Dwight in a headlock... just ridiculous! This is also the episode where Jim puts Dwight's desk in the bathroom at the VERY beginning of the show (before the credits). Man, all time fave!!
Well, I didn't write this blog just for that. It seems like my real office - where I live 40 hours a week - has a few "Office" tendencies. Today in particular we have had a couple funny ones.
We all work in cubes. There are "6 packs" of cubes - where 6 cubes are in a row, 3 on either side of the aisle. Well this makes this space particularly conducive to noise distractions. However, the director of my department has a glass office - with a door.
I have only been in her office once and the door was open and I have not seen what it looks like up close with the door shut. This week alone there have been about 4 cases of people running into the door. I laugh as I type this because it sounds so ridiculous! The coordinator and I heard this crash and she told me today it was our director walking into the shut door. Today, a lady in my 6 pack ran into it and another lady in the next 6 pack over, with a strong Yankee accent says, "Don't worry, I've done it twice!" Really?!?! The manager, coordinator and I just about lost it!
There's this lady, Rhonda (name changed), in my office - she took first, second, and third place in the Halloween costume contest because she was the ONLY one to dress up (Just the fact that we had a Halloween costume party is Office worthy enough!) then someone announced she she gets dishonorable mention instead of honorable mention (I think that mistake may have been on purpose but it was funny all the same). It was probably the MOST awkward 15 minutes of my work life up to that date! And apparently she goes all around the office singing - I have yet to here this but the people sitting next to her aren't thrilled about this talent.
There are many more funny stories that come out of this office. They usually occur on Fridays. Mondays everyone is in a bad mood, Tuesdays - Thursdays is when everyone gets a lot of work done, and Fridays may as well just be part of the weekend. People usually don't conduct a ton of business outside of the office and everyone is just trying to waste time. We definitely have an interesting group of people around here!
Stay tuned for more blogisodes of My Office!
No comments:
Post a Comment