Friday, February 27, 2009

Recent Ramblings of a Belated Blogger

To all (two) of my faithful readers: I am sorry I have let the blog go TWO weeks without updating it! I am ashamed of myself! The last post is from Valentine’s Day – we definitely need to get rid of that one!

I thought today would be a good day to update the blog because I just have a funny feeling it is “going to be one of those days.” Last night I came up with the fabulous (not so much) idea to take Cream of Wheat to work for lunch. Well this morning while microwaving it (bad idea) it completely over flowed my bowl and I had a pond of Cream of Wheat to clean with paper towels. Now, I should know better than to try to prepare Cream of Wheat myself... In 9th grade I dumped (not on purpose) a pot of Cream of Wheat on my leg right above my knee. Now that was a sight to see! It burnt right through my pants and through my skin! Not fun. I had a terrible scar! Fortunately my brother lived in the Bahamas and while we were down there visiting him the water healed my scar. Absolutely amazing!

Okay, now that I have completed my tangent, I will update you on some of my life happenings (the past two weeks at least), Darby's doings, and things that are just taking up home in my mind these days. Brace yourself and let's roll.

Starting last Saturday, I had a long and fabulous lunch with a long lost friend of mine, Anna Parker! She is so sweet! We lived in the same building freshman year (also went to the same high school) and we become close friends over meals at chow! We had an amazing time together. After Sophomore year she left NGCSU for UGA - I can't blame her for that! Well, we had about a 2 hour maybe longer lunch! There is this sweet lady, Brandy, who worked at Look-up with my brother and she also has a blog and recently she wrote about friends through different seasons of our lives and to embrace that and remember how special they are. I will forever remember how special Anna was to me while we were adjusting to being in college and away from home and all that entails.

After lunch I took Darby Darbs to Grayson Park then across the street to Brusters for her first Doggie Sundae! Man-oh-man was she excited! She was definitely part of the Clean Plate Club! She is so fun to take places because she gets SO excited with everything we do. I love that! Tuesday she had another class (obedience school) and the teacher was shocked at how smart she was! Rita, the trainer, was distracting Darby while she was suppose to be staying and Darby jumped up (the distraction was a tennis ball) so she was corrected. When distracted again she wanted so badly to get the ball but she knew she was suppose to stay so she started scooting backward on her bottom! The teacher was amazed! Then Darby tried to go another route to get to the ball which showed she was reasoning with me. Haha! Such a smart little girl! LOVE HER!

Sunday I was surprised when both my siblings and their families (we missed you, Russ!) showed up for food and fun! That was more sweet memories made. And I forgot to announce the sex of Adam and Michelle's baby - but I will reserve a whole post for that!

This week has been uneventful and I have felt pretty nonchalant all week. But not today, today I am HOPEFUL! I cannot mention why here, just know that I am!

I am going to sign off for a bit so I can get a few things accomplished at work. Look forward to a few posts SOON to pop up!

I will leave you with this:
Figure out how many legs are on the bus:
There are 7 girls in a bus.
Each girl has 7 backpacks.
In each backpack, there are 7 big cats. For every big cat there are 7 little cats.
Question: How many legs are there in the bus?

No comments:

Post a Comment