As I have proven time and time again, my thoughts are somewhat sporadic. At work I could be thinking of 10 different projects at once, thus making my obsession with to-do lists even worse. However, I also think a little more long term than just tasks to complete one day at work. I could be thinking about a trip a month away, what to wear today, and what I would like for breakfast the next morning all at the same time. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is pretty typical for females! Here are 10 random things going through my mind:
1. Summer breaks do not exist for me. In fact, the summer months are my busiest time of year for me at my job. I am tired of listening to everyone talking about their vacations and their 2 months off from teaching. And please, do not tell me I chose not to have a summer break, because I didn't. I took what I could find. Maybe it would be a good idea for me to just sign off from Facebook May through August...
2. Trying to communicate with people is not near as easy as Hollywood makes it look in the movies. It is actually quite exhausting trying to prove a point. And even more exhausting trying to listen to the other person objectively.
3. MTV is gross. The MTV awards is even more nasty. Too bad I want to watch it to see Sandra Bullock receive the Generation Award (I will post a video of this when it goes up on YouTube because her work in phenomenal) and the Twilight Saga cast sweep all their nominations (which they are, of course).
4. My little sis (DZ), Lucy (Hendon) Chavous, got married about a month ago in a destination wedding and was gracious enough to invite me to a reception she had last night. She was BEAUTIFUL in her gown and the reception was oh so classy. I wish everyone could know Lucy. She is such a compassionate and grounded person, but she is also so ridiculously fun to be around. I am very blessed to be able to call her my friend and my lil.
5. I have been friends with Amy Lucius for forever and she is a month away from having a precious baby girl, Abby Lynn. Yesterday I went to one of her baby showers and she looks SO great. It is true that expectant mothers have a glow about them. I cannot believe she is about to become a Mommy and I honestly could not be any happier for her. I know she is going to be a wonderful Mommy. I can't wait to meet her little girl in July!
6. I want to be back in Oregon with June! I was so relaxed and happy while I was there. We hung out with June's friends, drank wine, took time to read in the mornings, drank hot tea, found some awesome sand dunes, walked along the Pacific Coast, ate lots of delicious food, and drank some more wine!
7. I cannot find the perfect grad program for me and it is driving me crazy! There is just so much to consider when looking at schools and the process is so long. I am motivated for about a week then take a month off, then motivated for another week, then another month off. I wish the right program would just jump out at me.
8. The oil spill makes me want to cry every time I think about it. The 11 men that lost their lives, the animals now losing theirs, the beaches closing, the businesses suffering, the communities falling apart - all for a shortcut to save some money and time. I always thought that my children would ask me what it was like when 9/11 happened, but now they will also ask what it was like when the oil spill happened. Such a sad, sad situation in the Gulf.
9. I am working on a couple of columns! This is a whole new world of writing I haven't dabbled in much. I am hoping to get them published in a local magazine or paper one day (hopefully sooner than later). Keep your fingers crossed for me! And in return, I will keep you posted.
10. The start of my Monday morning is only 7 hours away. I can already tell it is going to be a rough morning. COFFEE will be a must!!
I've made lists similar in the past if you would like to check them out here or here.
No comments:
Post a Comment