Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I am not patriotic because it is cool. I am patriotic because I thank God I live in a country where I am free."

I had a completely different post in mind for today and I probably still will put it up later today; but for now, in light of the past hour in this country, I feel the need and urgency to speak my mind.

I do not often debate politics as I do not know much about it. All I know is my own personal beliefs and WHY I believe them. I am not writing this to persuade you if you are a democrat and I am not writing this to be on a soapbox. I am surrounded by people with opposing views for one reason or another calling me arrogant, blind, and straight up wrong for my beliefs. LISTEN LOUD AND CLEAR: I am JUST as allowed to MY PERSONAL BELIEFS as you are. I am NOT wrong for believing what I do. I was born and raised in the south, as a Christian, with Conservative people all around me. Mountain Park was a small town in a large county. Everyone played sports, coached sports, watched sports, or came to park because that is where everyone else was. If you want to see a picturesque America - go to Mountain Park (at least what it used to be). All of those things shaped who I am and what I support. Fox news is just as good of a station(if not better) as CNN, elephants are cooler than donkeys, and I like both red and blue, country music is better than rap, and southerners will always be cooler than yankees!
Ok, with that said: I am not an uber Republican, I have beliefs more on the left side then right and there are Republicans I do not like very much. I just want to address a few things that may reveal a sense of blindness in the so-called Democrats in this country - at least this year! (I might sound a little jaded - but remember: my blog, my beliefs, it stops at the door. No worries!) And, let me Preface with this: I do not care about the color of someone's skin - that is the stupidest thing in the world. We have our differences culturally which is what makes us unique (and I don't agree with all the cultural things). I have close friends that are black - so I am not just being a racist! Just heed that in mind while continuing. If you are a democrat: don't bother, just move on to a different webpage!

1. Obama has a WHITE mother. He called his own grandmother "one of those" white people. I don't care how black his Daddy is - his mother is WHITE. He is bi-racial. When this country has a presidential candidate that is truly black - He will be dubbed the first real black president. Sorry Odrama! But dang, what a marketing technique. Thata way to get 95% of the black vote in America!

2. Obama is NOT related to MLK- stop trying!

3. Bush gets crap for a $43 mil inauguration? Please, Obama is spending $150 mil! He "do it big" I suppose! do we really need every A lister singing? Really? This is an American celebration (for some) so lets have American children and adult choirs and bands playing, not celebrities. We see them almost too much!

4. I would like one celebrity or one black person that says "Vote for change" to tell me an issue they believe in and what Obama plans to do about it without using the word change. Bet you they can't! I don't hate people that voted for Obama - he seems to be a good person somewhere inside of him, I just wish people would have voted for him because of the issues, not because they dislike Bush and like the slight color of his skin.

5. I believe in safety and security and a lot of it but, the fact that they had to take so many security precautionaries for this inauguration means he is not best for this country. If they are scared of his own people killing him to the extent that they put boxes all around DC detectin the air for biological explosives.... that's all I will say about that.

6. HE DIDN'T CARE! At least he didn't show it on his face. Maybe he was nervous and scared, I don't know. But he looked like he didn't care to be at the inauguration. Whatever! That is just rude! But I heard his speech was good (I didn't get to hear that part yet)

7. False promises. Every presidential candidate does it so I can't complain about it. I just hope people realize he won't be able to change as much as he wanted and he is already starting to back off of his original promises. Be ready when things stay the same for a while...

Okay, I am done. Here, here to the new president and the best of luck to you. I couldn't do your job if I wanted to! You're in my prayers for sure!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for speaking your mind! Not many people would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you've pretty much inspired me to start a blog of my own! I saw your link on facebook and read it one day and loved what you write :) I especially like this one where you so freely speak your mind! Go you!!

    LITF,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete