Thursday, January 15, 2009

Watch for me on the next episode of CSI!

That’s right, I witnessed a crime worthy to be on The Mentalist, CSI Miami, Bones, The Closer, and maybe even 20/20. Right here in Atlanta on I-85 Northbound. It all began when….
Okay, it wasn’t quite that intense. But I do HONESTLY believe I witnessed a crime yesterday on my way home from work. I was driving up I-85 (true story) and I was in stop and go traffic, per usual, when a nice dark blue SUV, like a Tahoe or a Yukon, came FLYING down the right shoulder. The driver had to have been going at least 80 (that is FAST when everyone else is going maybe 10).

Why would it be doing that? Maybe someone getting off at the exit and couldn’t wait, maybe car problems and the brakes weren’t working, there were any number of reasons why the car had been going to fast in the emergency shoulder of the expressway.

Well, I was watching them go buy thinking, “Man, that guy is stupid. I hope he doesn’t crash.” Just then I saw 3 or 4 kids running down the side of 85 in a grassy ‘valley’ of sorts and they started jumping a chain link fence into a parking lot that backs up to 85. These boys couldn’t have been more than 15 or 16. The SUV had turned off 85 gone down the bank and started back up toward the woods. These kids could not have afforded that car if you know what I mean. It had to have been stolen!! A crime!!

It turns out further up the shoulder was a stalled car. The SUV probably turned into the bank to avoid that car and cause more trouble for them. I debated calling 911 but instead I called my mom, I knew she would appreciate the story.

Stay tuned for the next episode of a hit crime show… you may see this storyline… just add a dead body in the back of the SUV and no fingerprints!!

No comments:

Post a Comment