I hate sore throats. They make eating, breathing, talking, and sometimes even getting comfortable hard! However, every now and then if you're lucky, you get a different type of sore throat. Do you know what I am talking about? The ones that come from uncontrollable, knee-slapping laughter, telling jokes, and just having a fabulous time! I have been fortunate enough to have had this type of sore throat many times in the past week! (Could that sentence have anymore forms of have in it? Good Grief!) Well, to be honest, it hurt a little from a cold I am beginning to develop, but it was MOSTLY because of the laughter thing!
It all began last Tuesday (okay, a week and a day, cut me some slack) when I went to my cousin Katie and her husband Chris' house. I went to watch American Idol, at least part of it. I had to get home in time to watch The Mentalist, what a great show! But I digress, I went to Katie's to watch American Idol, and it is rare for me to leave my house on a week night. I mean, I get home at 5:30, feed my dog, eat supper, take a shower, pick out my clothes for tomorrow, watch a show or two, and go to bed (hopefully by 10!). I am OLD and BORING during the week! I digress again (what is wrong with me!?), my other cousin Nancy and her boyfriend, Ryan, along with Chris' sister Nicole were all in attendance for the festive beginning to yet another bout of competitive singing that happens to thrill us all! As if that wasn't funny enough - I think we all had a case of the Tuesdays (a spin-off on a case of the Mondays, I suppose). Anything and everything seemed to be funny and Katie was on fire with her comebacks and quips!! We also watched the last little bit of True Beauty (hilarious, True Story). It was all around a funny evening and the beginning to my fabulous sore throat; I am so glad I decided to 'act my age' last Tuesday night!
I had to work the rest of the week - not too many funny things there aside from Darby, my precious chocolate lab. She definitely keeps me entertained and on-my-toes, except for when she chases my toes then I have to hide them (aka, sitting down). Anyway, she has learned the feeding routine. Her account of the routine is: 'Mommy gets home from work, I beg for food (usually barking). Then I show her to my bowl on the landing, run to the sink and jump up to show her where the water is, run back to the landing, show her the cup to scoop my food, then sit by the bowl to pour it into.' So she always provides a few laughs!
Then Saturday rolls around, the beginning to the big 2-3 birthday bash! After a delicious breakfast with the folks, I headed to Dahlonega for Rush. Saturday night is the BEST - skit night!! I am telling you, these girls were ON TOP of things! Seriously. The songs were so, SO much fun and my triplet, Lauren Cappy, was such a good Cappalicious! If you aren't a DZ from North Ga - you proably won't find this funny, but the girls that are - you know!
Ok, I then venture home to have supper at Urban Flatts with a couple great friends from back in the day (and now of course) and their husbands. Our waiter was fun at first but then just a total buzz kill. He went into great lengths about motorcycle accidents, his divorce, arrests and accusations, his stepdaughter, where he is from, his bonfires, and so forth. Good grief it just wears me out talking about it!! But, we laughed so much and so hard the whole meal. From taking pictures to slipping on ice (or no reason at all), we laughed! It is always SUCH a treat to catch up with dear friends!
Sunday was family day which involves two nieces 5 and under. You know there are some good stories there! I am going to do a whole blog just on things they say, seriously. Kids are so dang funny. And Ella, learning and observing new things - hilarious! And Addison, also learning new things and becoming quite the smart kid - the things she does, says, remembers are just brilliant. Again, digressing (no wonder this thing is so long!), the whole day wasn't funny, trust me, but most of it was pretty funny! Having the family together can be either the best of times or the worst of times (to quote Dickens - if you didn't know that, read A Tale of Two Cities immediately!). Fortunately, Sunday was mostly the best of times - lots of laughs and smiles! If you are part of my clan, you know what I mean... You can't beat this family!
To conclude (finally, I know!), I am so fortunate to find the smallist things knee-slappingly funny! Or should a say, "So funny it's worth the sore throat." (I made that quote up if you were wondering...)
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -E E Cummings
No comments:
Post a Comment